FILE SPECIFICATIONS FOR SUPPLIED ARTWORK
COLOUR: CMYK or Pantone (if quoted)
MARGINS: 3mm (applicable to text, logos & important graphics)
FILE FORMAT: Acrobat PDF preferred
DOCUMENT AND TRIM SIZE
Always include 2mm bleed along the edges of your artwork. Bleed is the image or colour in your document extending outside the trim edge. Text should be placed at least 3mm away from trim edge.
||94 x 58mm
||90 x 54mm
||214 x 301mm
||210 x 297mm
||152 x 214mm
||148 x 210mm
||214 x 103mm
||210 x 99mm
||152 x 109mm
||148 x 105mm
|A4 – DL (see below)
||214 x 301mm
||210 x 297mm
Standard products can be trimmed to smaller sizes for an additional cost.
These, plus MANY more, Standard Templates are available for download.
- We prefer PDF (ask for our Acrobat Distiller Options) or EPS.
- We also accept:
- InDesign (up to Version CS6)
- Illustrator (up to Version CS6)
- Photoshop (up to Version CS6)
- We do not accept Corel Draw, Quark Xpress, Pagemaker, Freehand, Postscript or Publisher files.
- All artwork should be in CMYK (this includes all placed and imported files) unless the job has been quoted for Pantone colours. Spot colour should NOT be selected.
- We recommend converting solid black to RICH BLACK = C60 M50 Y50 K100 (to avoid density or overprinting problems). Black text should be PROCESS BLACK = C0 M0 Y0 K100.
- If printing in Pantone colours, talk to our designers before sending any artwork. Otherwise, convert all your Pantone colours to CMYK.
- Do not supply files in RGB or separations.
PLEASE ADVISE IF COLOUR MATCHING IS CRITICAL
Colour samples must be supplied for matching or colours can be chosen from our swatchbooks, available instore.
- Make sure fonts used in EPS, PDF and TIFF files have been embedded properly.
- Ensure that you check for and remove “stray points” from your artwork.
- Do not use artificial font formats (eg. bold or italic in the Quark font pallette).
- Resolution of all images must be 300dpi (at 100% print size).
- Linework requires a resolution of 800dpi – 1200dpi.
- Make sure your images are supplied at the size they will be printed.
- Set gradients in Illustrator at 2400 in attributes, separation setup and 2400 in document setup.
- Preferably set up gradients in photoshop to prevent banding.
EXPORTING AS EPS
- Always save your EPS files as Postscript Level 3.
- Document format should be Binary with all fonts completely embedded (not subset).
- Make sure colour mode is cmyk and document is 2400dpi or high resolution, text create outlines. Ensure that you remove “stray points”. With transparencies ensure all text is brought to the front.
- Artwork should be provided as 1 up with 2mm bleed.
- Do not impose your job unless requested.
- Do not supply files as separations.
- Always supply a laser or ink-jet proof, sample of existing printed work, or a mock-up if printing multi-page documents.
- Supply separation proofs for Pantone jobs.
- Ensure that you spell check your job thoroughly and make sure that all details are correct.
- No responsibility will be taken for incorrect spelling on supplied files.
FLIGHT CHECKING FEE
PRINT READY ART IS TO BE SUPPLIED IN A FORMAT COMPATIBLE WITH OUR MACINTOSH SYSTEM. IF FILES ARE NOT SUPPLIED CORRECTLY AND NEED TO BE RESUPPLIED THEN A FILE CHECK FEE OF $27.50 INC GST WILL BE APPLIED. FLIGHTCHECK FEE COVERS PREFLIGHTING, TEMPLATING, COLOUR PROOFS & ARCHIVING. IF THE FILES ARE SUPPLIED INCORRECTLY MORE THAN TWICE, ANOTHER FLIGHTCHECK FEE WILL APPLY.